This seminar focuses on training English language skills for discussions.
This seminar will improve skills for discussions. It focuses exclusively on speaking and listening skills. The seminar differs from “Better Meetings” which includes such topics as meeting preparation and agenda planning.
- researching your subject in preparation for a discussion
- planning and structuring what you want to say
- essential vocabulary for all aspects of discussions
- introducing a topic for discussion
- presenting an argument, theory or point of view
- listening actively and responding appropriately
- effective questioning
- using diplomatic language
- asking for and giving feedback
- analysing an issue: SWOT and STEP analyses
- seeking and finding common ground
- presenting a counter-argument
- seeking clarification
- summarising the main points of a discussion
- concluding a discussion
- role-plays of authentic, relevant discussion scenarios
in order to facilitate effective, professional discussions in English.
Upon successful completion of this seminar, students receive a Finer English Certificate in Discussion Skills.
Back to top of page