This seminar provides training in planning and preparation of authentic topics for presentations, structuring, timing, opening and closing of presentations, body language, use of visual aids, dealing with questions, to facilitate the delivery of effective, professional presentations.
The seminar concentrates on the most important language skills for effective presentations in English.
The focus is two-fold: effective use of language and clear presentation of content.
- planning and preparation of authentic topics for presentations
- introducing yourself and your topic
- appropriate body language for clear and persuasive communication
- preparing, planning and structuring the content of your presentation
- effective opening of presentations
- essential vocabulary for presentations, including linking phrases
- using relevant technical vocabulary
- explaining a process, system or procedure
- presenting graphics, charts, diagrams and statistics
- using visual aids effectively
- effective closing of presentations
- dealing effectively with questions, including difficult questions
in order to facilitate the delivery of effective, professional presentations in English.
Upon successful completion of this seminar, students receive a Finer English Certificate in Presentations Skills.
Back to top of page